In Japan, the participant eating onigiri (the national dish of rice freshwater, sleplennogo in the form of a triangle or a sphere) choked and died. On Wednesday, November 23, wrote The Japan Times.
28-year-old man from the settlement of Kora (Shiga Prefecture) was taken to hospital 13 November - the day of the match. Three days later he passed away, reports Lenta.ru.
In 15 the contestants had three minutes for something to eat five onigiri. The event was part of a campaign to promote local agricultural products, in particular, a certain brand of rice.
The man fell, when put in the mouth in five rice ball. He tried to help on the spot, but in the end an ambulance took him to the clinic.
The Japan Times notes that the eating contest anything to speed often held in various regional fairs. They are held to promote local products and culture.
In early January of last year it was reported that at least nine people choked to death in Japan mochi - rice cakes that are eaten on New Year's Eve.
See also ... 05/11/2015 Great Britain: charity cake with a dildo14 / 09/2016 In two states of India, there was excitement over water 03/08/2016 The joke about the terrorist attack at the beer festival caused a panic29 / 09/2015 In London, the crowd defeated "Hipster »Cafe14 / 07/2016 Two clients had a fight with staff McDonald's01 / 02/2016 KitKat fan demands from Nestle free supplies 03/06/2016 In Britain they found a drug in a chocolate egg 22/11/2016 Finnish deputies got drunk at an appointment in Sweden04 / 05/2016 In the USA, Starbucks chain is accused of deceiving customers16 / 06/2016 A hungry crowd robs stores in Venezuela eradivyh workers fed bitterness tykvoy25 / 07/2016 Beer in Tokyo will pay $ 10 million to the family of sotrudnitsy12 / 2015/1 Bavarians threatens term for wine with Nazi simvolikoy07 / 09/2016 Boyfriend revenge girlfriend feeding the meat its sobaki17 / 09/2014 Finland doubts in the Russian alcohol?