Rosselkhoznadzor suspends supply of fruits and vegetables from Egypt. The ban will take effect from September 22. On Friday, September 16, reports "Interfax".
According to Deputy Head of the Rosselkhoznadzor Julia Shvabauskene, this year the agency has repeatedly detected in Egyptian products quarantine facilities.
The time limit will be in effect until the Russian-Egyptian meeting at the expert level. Under the ban hit, such as citrus fruits, potatoes and tomatoes.
A warning letter about a possible suspension of supplies was sent to the Egyptian phytosanitary service earlier in the week. However, the official representative of the Rosselkhoznadzor, Alexey Alekseenko, told the agency that there was no response to the warning.
19 August Rosselkhoznadzor head Sergei Dankvert said that the African swine fever detected in Poland and the Baltic countries, may soon receive in Europe widespread. In April 2014, the EU filed a lawsuit to the WTO of the introduction of Russian ban on pork supply.
See also ... 14/09/2016 Deliveries of citrus fruits from Egypt may limit 13/04/2015 RSHN limited imports of Egyptian potatoes15/09/2016 The Ministry of Agriculture of Egypt did not receive claims from Russia13/09/2016 Russia is ready for negotiations with Egypt on grain14/09/2016 Retailers will quickly replace citrus fruits from Egypt certification for Moldova and Ukraine17/05/2016 Moldova resumed fruit imports to Russia11/02/2016 RSHN suspects Ukraine of re-exporting vegetables 15/02/12 Egypt is hastily buying up Russian wheat2015/02/07 Russia is ready to start grain supplies to Brazil2014 / 26/07 RSHN: Belarus promised not to persecute Russians 2016/15/10 RSHN expanded the ban on Turkish tomatoes