Categories
Popularly about nutrition

Poisoning poisonous plants

Poisoning poisonous plantsPoisoning possible poisonous plants mainly in children of preschool age who take in your mouth, or eat delicious-looking berries, roots, stems, seeds or leaves of plants.
One of the most dangerous plants is the poisonous (cicuta) milestone - a perennial herbaceous plant from the umbellate family. The plant has a stem up to 1,5 m in height, double-feathered leaves, white small flowers collected in a complex umbrella, odor and appearance reminiscent of parsley or celery. The poisonous milestone is growing in swampy and damp places, along the banks of rivers, ditches. Particularly poisonous is the rhizome of the plant, which is taken for beets, turnips, carrots. It has a sweetish taste and the smell of dried apples. When poisoning rapidly develops a serious condition: pain in the stomach, salivation, dizziness, urge for vomiting, shortness of breath, convulsions. Death can occur in the next 1-2 h after the appearance of the first signs of poisoning, with the use of even a small amount of rhizome.
The umbellate family also includes spotted hemlock - a plant up to 1 m in height with very characteristic dark red spots on the lower part of the stem. Its leaves somewhat resemble parsley leaves, because of what can be mistakenly used for food. When grinding leaves of hemlock blotchy there is a sharp unpleasant smell. The pale yellow root of the hemlock looks like a parsley root. There was a poisoning of the hemlocked children, who cut out the pipes from his stem and took them into their mouths. Poisoning is accompanied by convulsions, paralysis, rapidly developing weakness. In severe cases of poisoning, death from paralysis of the breath may occur.
Very severe poisoning is caused by black whitening, growing along roads, on vacant lots, neglected kitchen gardens. The whole plant is covered with small sticky villi, the flowers are dirty yellowish-whitish in color with an unpleasant odor, the root is soft, juicy, sweet and sour to taste. All parts of the plant are poisonous. Leaves of whitish are often mistaken for leaves of swans, sorrel, and roots - for tubers of parsley and turnip. Children in the plant are attracted by boxes with seeds resembling poppy seeds. After 10-15 min, and sometimes several hours after the consumption of a small amount of seeds, the characteristic symptoms of poisoning appear: the pupils dilate and do not react to light, dry out in the mouth, the excitement increases, and hallucinations begin. The patient is disturbed by the fearful visions, from which he tries to escape. It is precisely this state of strong excitement and darkened consciousness that is characterized by the expression "bleached ate" in the people. The poisoned then have an insistent desire to sleep.
This condition causes the seeds of Datura, growing on vacant lots, in gardens. The plant reaches a height of m 1,5 has straight stem, large oval leaves, larger than that of henbane, flowers, white, pink and purple hue, shaped like a bell. Fruits of Datura - egg-shaped capsule with lots of spines on the top - contain up to 500 extremely poisonous seeds.
Poisonous is belladonna (belladonna) -seed plant, growing on neglected areas of the earth, along the edges of fields, along roads, near fences. Belladonna has a high herbaceous stem and fluffy broad leaves; Fruits - black berries, reminiscent of small cherries, sweet taste. Symptoms of poisoning belladonna - strong excitation, delirium, confused consciousness - appear just a few minutes after eating berries. Very characteristic of poisoning with belladonna berries is a sharp dilatation of the pupils and a visual impairment. For poisoning enough to eat 3-4 berries.
Poisonous fruits that children take for edible berries, bark is a wolf. Even 10-12 berries can cause severe poisoning in a child: an inflammation of the mucous membranes of the mouth, stomach, intestines, urinary tract, then the appearance of krova¬vogo diarrhea, blood in the urine, seizures. Death occurs as a result of weakening of cardiac activity. Shrub wolf Laka is fairly widespread in the forests of Ukraine. The bark is studded with his small brown spots, ovate leaves, flowers dark pink. On contact with a moist crust on the skin formed burns.
Please note children are attracted juicy berries poisonous ornamental bush honeysuckle - dark red, fused at the base.
Poisoning can cause and round orange-red fruit is lily of the valley, and oval gray-mottled, resembling beans or beans, castor seeds, and the juicy leaves of hellebore, berries and elderberry. Also poisonous purple-black berries krushiny.- very common in the bush Ukraine; berries bittersweet nightshade; Viburnum seeds. Deadly life threatening ingestion of leaves and seeds southern Siberian yew tree or shrub. Skin irritating to caustic juice buttercup, spurge, essential oil borschevnika.
In order to prevent poisoning poisonous plants can not be used in food unfamiliar roots and leaves of plants, to taste their fruits. We need to teach children to distinguish edible from poisonous plants, to tell them about the danger that is threatening at the use of the fruit, petals, seeds of poisonous plants.
Of great importance in the prevention of poisoning in children poisonous plants is the systematic destruction of such plants near schools, pre-school institutions in the territories of the pioneer camps in squares, parks, yards and other places where they play.
It should be remembered that the poisoning of wild plants is much easier to prevent than to cure.
When you see signs of poisoning should immediately seek medical attention.

Add a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to combat spam. Find out how your comment data is processed.